West Face

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 45.90635°N / 6.91680°E
Additional Information Route Type: Rock
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: V/VI
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From the Plan de l'Aiguille take trail 133/134 to the base of the Charmoz-Grepon coloir (3 hrs). Better to bivy on the Plan de l'Aiguille and get an early start vice taking the first tram up.

Route Description


Once you are at the right base of the Charmoz-Grepon Coloir, look for a large curving chimney. This route starts in a crack 8 meters to the right of the chimney before converging with the chimney after one pitch. Continue up this line following the diedres and face climbing to meet the coloir then on to the top. For a more interesting finish, take the direct exit to the gap on the right of the flat-topped gendarme at 3743 meters then on to the top.

Essential Gear


Friends, nuts, double ropes, helmet, lunch, sense of humor, etc.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.