2009 Bruce Trail

2009 Bruce Trail

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Nov 30, 0000

Bruce Trail Penninsula National Park

2009 Bruce Peninsula National Park
2009 Bruce Peninsula National ParkBlack Bear foot prints
As you can find in Wikipedia The Bruce Trail follows the edge of the Niagara Escarpment, one of the thirteen UNESCO World Biosphere Reserves in Canada, for more than 800 km (500 mi). The land the trail traverses is owned by the Government of Ontario, private landowners and the Bruce Trail Conservancy (BTC).

The name of the trail is linked to the Bruce Peninsula and Bruce County which the trail runs through. The Bruce County is named after James Bruce, 8th Earl of Elgin, who was Governor General of the Province of Canada from 1847-1854.

Directions to the beginning of the trail:
Drive north on highway 6 towards Tobermory and turn to the
right at the signs leading you to the National Park's Visitor Centre, where you can also park your vehicle.
Here you may also climb to the top of the Observation Tower with its views over the islands of Fathom Five National Marine Park.

Day hike - August 29, 2009

August 29, 2009 we hiked the north portion of Bruce Trail. Starting at Dunks Bay we ran into tracks of Black bears whose population is currently being monitored by the park to determine their number, size, habitat use and overall health. After one stop for lunch and a break for swimming, we completed our hike at Grotto, spent the rest of the day at Indian's Bay and walked back to our Cyprus Lake campsite. We drove with the second car back to the beginning of our trip to pick up our car at Dunks Bay.

Photos of this album are taken in Bruce Trail Penninsula National Park portion



Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
EricChu

EricChu - Jan 21, 2010 7:59 pm - Voted 10/10

Beautiful album!

The color of the water in many of these pictures is just a dream!!

ArankaP

ArankaP - Jan 25, 2010 11:16 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Beautiful album!

One of the places I like to visit every year even just for few days.

climbncookie

climbncookie - Jan 22, 2010 12:02 pm - Hasn't voted

Great Shots!

Great collection of photos. I love the water out there. You've inspired me to get up my photo's from my trip out there this past December.

ArankaP

ArankaP - Jan 25, 2010 11:23 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great Shots!

I was skiing in Blue Mountains this weekend hoping to make it there for a day trip. It begun to rain Sunday afternoon so I drove back home.
Never been there in winter. Looking forward to explore it soon.
Thank you for stopping by.
Aranka

Viewing: 1-4 of 4

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Lake HuronTrip Reports