A cross-country trip from Jakuszyce

A cross-country trip from Jakuszyce

Page Type Page Type: Album

A cross-country trip from Jakuszyce

So, i tried cross-country skiing. I went to Jakuszyce, the most popular place in my region for that. Few conclusions...
Matching my expectations, and souvenirs from the summer visit by bike, that was damn beautiful in winter... just for that I don't regret my trip, despiteI was tired like a dog, especially the adductors of my legs, not used to that kind of effort.
Despite my technique slightly improved between the start and the end, I have the slight feeling I am not going as fast as I should. I am not an iron-man but I definitely have a fitter condition than kids and grandmas... which was not always verified, thus despite I went further and higher than most people during the day. I wonder if this is due to the fact I'm the only one using fish-scale skis ? Do they all have the waxed ones ? even when going down, when others just had to let it go, I had to push...
For sure I took too many clothes. It was damn cold in the morning but later I quickly removed them all and packed in the rucksack... which, also was perhaps too heavy with unuseful stuff.
Cross-Country skiing is a nice way to visit mountains, in the condition that there is not a too high elevation difference and a steady gradient. Góry Izerskie are the perfect place for that, but there are not so many such flat and high areas in polish mountains, which makes the choice not so wide... I definitely gave up my fantasms of exploring the rest of the Sudetes in winter this way. I can ski on the shores of the Oder in Wroclaw, like some people I sometimes see, but good snow conditions do not occur often in town... I think I'm not going to buy some yet, well for the moment, as the rental costs 30zl the whole set (7.5€). But I will try again !

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-3 of 3
SzaniUherkovich

SzaniUherkovich - Feb 7, 2011 5:20 am - Voted 10/10

Good story!

Good story! And what about your trip to Weiz? Shouldn't it happen now?

visentin

visentin - Feb 8, 2011 2:31 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Good story!

Thanks !
As for Weiz/Hungary, it should be rather the second half of February, but it looks so-so at the moment since both my wife and son are ill ! :(

SzaniUherkovich

SzaniUherkovich - Feb 8, 2011 3:01 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Good story!

I wish quick recovery for your family!

Viewing: 1-3 of 3


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.