Adobe Town Comments

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - Sep 19, 2010 2:46 pm - Voted 10/10

Excellent...

page.
Enjoyed reading the text and looking at the photos. There is a certain charm in out-of-the-way places that you cannot find in the mountains.
Great job , and thanks for posting.

Castlereagh

Castlereagh - Sep 20, 2010 5:14 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Excellent...

Thanks! You can definitely feel that special allure too, whether there or afar.

Of course, even better are the out-of-the-way mountains.

Castlereagh

Castlereagh - Oct 3, 2010 7:49 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: I love places like this...

Thanks! Stuff like this does remind me of the old days, when the entire world was your playground. It's all fun and games here though...unless you twist your ankle, of course, and realize there's no one within 20 miles of you

geosean

geosean - Sep 19, 2011 11:37 am - Voted 10/10

Great detail!

I'm so glad you made such a good detailed page. Great work! I never would have found this place without your info (even though I spend a lot of time in the area). And I wouldn’t have attempted exploring here if you hadn’t had so much info. The place is so little visited even the BLM didn’t know much about it; i.e. if the road was passable, if there would be water. What an amazing place to explore.

Castlereagh

Castlereagh - Sep 20, 2011 11:50 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great detail!

Thanks for the kind words! I definitely use SP a lot to look up different places, but it's always neat to discover somewhere new from SP. (A few days after Adobe Town I ended up in the Divide Basin, a place I never would have known to visit if it weren't for Bob Sihler's great pages on the area.)

But since most of my pages are on out of the way spots the most gratifying comment I could get is to see that they were useful and helpful in leading someone to check out some of these areas. I'm glad you were able to enjoy such an amazing and yet untrodden place!

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Adobe Town' main page