Albion Range Comments

Viewing: 1-20 of 22 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

EleutherosA++

Eleutheros

Stunning page. My only memory of Idaho is a blowout and busted fanbelt on the way out of Boise. Clearly many, many wild gems in this state.
Posted Mar 13, 2007 6:01 am

mountaingazelleRe: A++

mountaingazelle

Thank you! Yes, Idaho is full of hidden gems. The Albion Range is a great place if you ever get the chance to visit. Even though I live in Utah, I love the state of Idaho and all of its mountain ranges.
Posted Mar 13, 2007 6:24 am

rpcAmazing job!

rpc

Thank you for putting this great page together & many thanks for including some of our photos.
Posted Mar 13, 2007 3:48 pm

mountaingazelleRe: Amazing job!

mountaingazelle

Thank you! I know this range well so it was easy for me to put together. Your climbing photos of the City of Rocks are great.
Posted Mar 13, 2007 4:15 pm

DeanSlam dunk

One of the finest range / area pages I have seen on SP. You put a lot of time and caring into this one and it shows. I love the Albion area and intend to try and get the Jim Sage and Black Pine highpoints this summer. Dan Robbins has put up a great trip report on his climb of Black Pine on his website and is worth a read even though the Black Pine range isn't part of the Albion range (but it is close enough for me) Again, congrat's on a super page.
Posted Mar 13, 2007 5:04 pm

mountaingazelleRe: Slam dunk

mountaingazelle

Thanks Dean, I also love the Albion Range and the City of Rocks. The Black Pine Mountains and the Jim Sage Mountains seem like interesting mountains too. They aren't that far from Utah either. Too many mountains to climb, as you already know!
Posted Mar 13, 2007 5:41 pm

Augie MedinaAwesome Page

Augie Medina

Madame Gazelle you outdid yourself on this one.
Posted Mar 14, 2007 1:04 am

mountaingazelleRe: Awesome Page

mountaingazelle

Many people have told me that I am a very analytical person. I think they are correct :) Thanks for the nice comment and vote.
Posted Mar 14, 2007 4:36 pm

vancouver islanderVery nice page

vancouver islander

An obvious labour of love. Thanks for all that work and for sharing.
Posted Mar 14, 2007 7:32 pm

mountaingazelleRe: Very nice page

mountaingazelle

Thank you for the nice compliment. Sometimes I am a little enthusiastic when I write about places that I have climbed at before. This is a small but interesting mountain range.
Posted Mar 15, 2007 2:30 am

T SharpThanks

T Sharp

I have always just gone to the "City", and not given much credence to the surrounding area. Thanks for opening my eyes a bit! My next City of Rocks trip will include some hikes up these peaks. Terrific job putting this all together!
Cheers;
Tim
Posted Mar 16, 2007 2:03 pm

mountaingazelleRe: Thanks

mountaingazelle

Thanks Tim! The area surrounding the "City" is beautiful. Just don't climb in the middle of the summer because it can get very hot. Next time you go, you should check out Castle Rocks State Park located north of the City of Rocks. There are a lot of rock formations to climb there too. Here are some other mountains in the area that you may not know about. They are also worth climbing.

1. Black Pine Peak in the Black Pine Mountains
2. Bull Mountain in the Raft River Mountains
3. Deep Creek Peak in the Deep Creek Mountain Range
Posted Mar 16, 2007 4:50 pm

MoapaPkWow, very polished

MoapaPk

What a complete page! I kept scrolling down and seeing more and more. What a feast for information junkies like me!
Posted Apr 23, 2007 10:42 pm

mountaingazelleRe: Wow, very polished

mountaingazelle

Thanks! I guess we must be alike. The pages that I like the most are the ones with useful information that make you want to go there and climb.
Posted Apr 24, 2007 1:05 pm

lcarreauMG ...

lcarreau

Please check your PM-box when you get a chance. I'm trying to find
out if there are any exposed areas of LIMESTONE in northern Utah
or Southern Idaho that would make my Limestone Lovers' Landscapes album more complete.

The City of Rocks area is composed completely of white granite, right???

Larry
Posted Nov 28, 2008 6:22 pm

mountaingazelleRe: MG ...

mountaingazelle

Yes, City of Rocks is granite. Many ranges in northern Utah and Southeast Idaho are composed of limestone. I sent a PM.
Posted Nov 29, 2008 8:16 pm

Super DaveExcellent

Super Dave

This is a fantastic page! Covers anything you could possibly need to know about the range. I finally got over there for the first time last week.
Posted Jan 9, 2010 3:59 pm

mountaingazelleRe: Excellent

mountaingazelle

Thanks Dave! I need to visit these mountains more often. I love the City of Rocks and the whole area. I saw the photos from your hike up Harrison. I’m surprised that you were able to see anything in that snow storm!
Posted Jan 10, 2010 1:37 pm

mtybumpoAnother Great One!

mtybumpo

Congrats on another front page worthy range! You always do such a tremendous job on your pages!
Posted Sep 2, 2011 12:56 pm

mountaingazelleRe: Another Great One!

mountaingazelle

Thanks for nice comment about my pages Matt!
Posted Sep 2, 2011 2:16 pm