Alternate Pole Steeple Trail Extension

Alternate Pole Steeple Trail Extension

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 40.03300°N / 77.267°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike (Class 1)
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Follow the directions in the "Getting There" section of the main page.

Route Description


This route branches off of the Pole Steeple Trail below the cliffs. It heads south (to the right) and goes around to the back side of the cliffs. The Appalachian Trail also has a link trail which combines with this section to take you to the main trail a little higher on the adjoining ridge. This trail is very easy for all ages and is a little bit longer with more moderate grades. The trail still only adds 0.2 miles to the main trail but is better suited for those who aren't able to do the short scramble.

Essential Gear


Comfortable hiking shoes, snacks/water, and a camera.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.