Pole Steeple Trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 40.03300°N / 77.267°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike (Class 1-2)
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Follow the directions in the "Getting There" section of the main page.

Route Description


From the parking lot head across the road following the blue blazes. The trail will then start to head up hill gradually through the woods where you'll be able to see the steeper hill below the cliffs. The trail then turns south after about 0.3 miles and starts to climb turning back to the east. Now a full view of the cliffs and Pole Steeple shows up over top of the hill. The trail continues its climb to the base of the cliffs where there will be a double blaze for the trail intersection. The alternate route will traverse around to the southwest side of the cliffs and take an easier route up the back of Pole Steeple. Continue straight towards the big gap in the cliffs called "Steeple Colouir". This is the only non-technical scramble up the cliffs. The colouir is the funnest part of the trail even though it is short-lived. From the top the view is excellent to the north, west, and south. The hike is 0.8 miles in length and gains only 450 feet but is well worth it.

Essential Gear


Comfortable hiking shoes, water/snacks, and a camera.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.