Page Type Page Type: Trailhead
Location Lat/Lon: 37.72816°N / 107.7106°W
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 10744 ft / 3275 m

Driving Directions

From Silverton, drive south on US 550 to Molas Pass. The turn-off to Andrews Lake is 0.9 mile past the pass on your left.

From Durango, drive north on US 550 to Coal Bank Pass. The turn-off to Andrews Lake is 6.3 miles past the pass on your right.

Once you turn off US 550, head up the paved road. After a short bit, the road splits and to your left is the wilderness overnight parking, and to your left is the day-use parking lot at the lake. There are toilets at the day use area, as well as a paved trail going around the lake and fishing docks. This place gets a fair amount of use in the summer. It is sometimes accessible in the winter. It is less than a mile off of the highway.

 

Camping

There is no camping at the trailhead, but nearby at Little Molas Lake there is at-large car-camping available on the National Forest land. I have run across one person sleeping in their car in the wilderness parking lot.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

San Juan RangeTrailheads
 
Twilight PeakTrailheads
 
Snowdon PeakTrailheads