Arapaho Traverse

Arapaho Traverse

Page Type Page Type: Album

Overview

South Arapaho to North Arapaho Traverse - an easy trail hike and scramble to the summit of South Arapahoe Peak, followed by a fun scramble to the north summit with some Class 3 and 4 terrain.

Round Trip Distance: 8.3 miles
Round Trip Time: depends on your speed, from 4 to 8 hrs
Highest Elevation: 13,502 feet
Elevation Gain: 3,500 feet

Please don t leave me in the carDuchess patiently waiting until I can spot her
View towards North Arapahoe PeakWhere is that north Arapahoe?
Short down climbing sectionShort climbing section
Arapahoe TraverseOn the traverse
Are you sure you want to continue?The weather was not that bad :)
Arapahoe TraverseComing back from North to South Arapahoe Peak


Route Description: Start at the Forth of July Campground, take Arapahoe Glacier Trail for 1.4 mies to the 12,736 foot saddle between South Arapahoe Peak and unnamed point with great views of Arapahoe Glacier. From here follow the southeast ridge of South Arapahoe for 0.5 miles to its summit.
The ridge leading to the north summit is 0.7 miles long. The ridge is marked with some cairns and orange paint.
North Summit has one of the biggest cairns I have ever seen.
For the descent reverse the route.

External Links

Arapahoe on 13ers.com

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.