Army Route 5.5-5.7

Army Route 5.5-5.7

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Rock Climbing

The Army Route 5.5-5.7

I am adding this album devoted to the Army Route to the top of "The Pinnacle" to augment information on this crag in lieu of a route page. I am not very talented at describing 5th class climbing routes, but wish to share as much information about this route as I can.

The Army Route can be divided into 3-4 pitches on sometimes crumbly Pikes Peak granite. Traditionally rated 5.5 YDS, many argue for a higher rating, up to 5.7 YDS. Communication beyond the top of the first pitch is difficult due primarily to the roar of North Cheyenne Creek below, but road traffic can occasionally hinder verbal communication, as well. As the follower is mostly out-of-sight from belay stances, be prepared to communicate via rope tugs with your partner on this route. This route allows for the mixing of vintage bolts, more modern permanent placements and traditional placements.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.