Bayssellance (normal)

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.77469°N / 0.13344°W
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

This is the normal route to climb the peak, a walk-up with a lot of stones but whitout difficulties out of winter season. Generally is climbed for the mountaineers the day when they arrive or leave to the refuge of Bayssellance.

Refuge de Bayssellance (2651m):
Time to summit: 1h 15m.
Slope: 390m

Barrage d'Ossoue (1835m)
Time to summit: 4h 15m.
Slope: 1230m.

Refuge des Oulettes de Gaube (2151m)
Time to summit: 3h 30m.
Slope: 880m.



Getting There

See the main page to approach to trailheads.

Route Description

The normal route goes in west side of refuge of Bayssellance (2651m) following the path in direction to Hourquette d’Ossoue (2734m), it's the same col of entry to refuge from the route across the Gaube following the GR-10. In the col you'll turn to left (S.W.) to get the wide ridge N.E. of Petit Vignemale. This wide ridge has a lot of stones but generally the path is evident among the rocks signalled with cairns. The path arrive to a shoulder near of the summit but it turn to left to access to the summit across the South side. Impressive views of North face of Gand Vignemale and the Valley of Gaube.

Essential Gear

Early of the season (may-june) crampons and ice-axe (the normal route is North and remain some hard snow many years). In summer: nothing special.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.