Bear Creek Lake with an...

Bear Creek Lake with an...

Bear Creek Lake with an unnamed peak in the background
mountaingazelle
on Nov 20, 2005 2:10 pm
Image ID: 137248

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-6 of 6
IdahoKid

IdahoKid - Feb 1, 2006 4:26 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: unnamed?

This amazing rock feature sits just above the 10,000' makr south of Octoberfest. It has never been climbed and would be very difficult due to the nature of the rock in the area. However, with prominence less than 200', many wouldn't consider it a goal. However, it certainly seems worthy of attempting to summit prominence or not.

-Sean

turistoalpinista

turistoalpinista - Sep 12, 2006 6:26 pm - Voted 10/10

Wow

Beautifull place indeed.
TA

Ice Man Jerry Van

Ice Man Jerry Van - Apr 19, 2008 10:15 am - Voted 10/10

I think it should be called

Gazelle Peak, Nice to see some new pictures from you. I hope to climb Lone Peak with my son this summer went to Canada with him this winter and climbed for 10 days on ice .Climbed The Weeping Wall with him. It is like two football fields of ice. The climb is near the Columbia Icefields between Baff and Jasper a spectacular place.

mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - Apr 19, 2008 10:09 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: I think it should be called

This is a really neat mountain but it doesn’t have an official name which is quite common here. Perhaps the best name for it would be Bear Creek Peak. Someone told me that it has never been climbed but I highly doubt that. I’m sure that it isn’t climbed very often though. Great job on Weeping Wall and have fun on Lone Peak with your son.

WalksOnRocks

WalksOnRocks - May 28, 2008 1:31 am - Hasn't voted

Aha!

I recognized this view immediately from the thumbnail! It is a very cool spot indeed. I have a photo identical to this one except the aspen at the end of the lake is yellow. I visited this lake during a ~50 mile 4 day traverse of the mountains.

mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - May 28, 2008 3:37 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Aha!

Thanks! That must have been a fun traverse. The “Backpacking Idaho” book describes a route that goes through the Lost River Range. I would like to do that someday too.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6