Bell Lake Access

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.07000°N / 81.18°W
Additional Information Route Type: hike
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Hike-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

To get to the trailhead simply turn right onto the Bell Lake access road and make your way to the Western Bell Lake narrows via canoe. The paddle itself takes about 30-40 minutes. The hike is 4km over gently roling terrain, up to where the Silver Peak trail starts.
The trail is well marked and easy to follow.

Route Description

The trail winds through birch and pine forest for the first 2.5km until it starts heading up to the summit. The SIlver Peak trail is about 5.5km long and has an overall altitude gain of 375m or about 1200feet.
As previously mentioned the trail is very clear and well marked. You would have to work hard to get lost.
The trail remains under the boughs of mixed forest until just below he summit when you finally scramble up a relatively steep 5m section of rock and the entirety of the NE section of the park opens up before you.
The summit is actually a grouping of five distinct summits.. most people when looking around notice the disitinctive dome to the NE and assume this is the summit... (which it isn't) this is the second highest point. Pay attention to the blue markers on the trees and the orange markers and you'll notice a little trail that meanders through a little hollow and up to the true summit. The summit is marked by one large boulder and four metal pins where a plaque was once housed. The views here back towards Norway and Killarney Lakes are fantastic... easily the equal of places I've been in Quebec and the Adirondacks.

Essential Gear

The same as the other route, sturdy hiking boots, a walking stick or pole(s) and warm clothes are essential. Bring sunscreen and drinking water as well...

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.