Big Bend in January

Big Bend in January

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Scenery

Overview

I had the good fortune to spend a few days in Big Bend NP in January 2010. It's a big park (800,000 acres) and not really close to anything so it gets relatively few visitors. In January I practically had the place to myself.

I'll certainly be back. Here are some images if you're tempted to go yourself.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-7 of 7
EricChu

EricChu - Mar 9, 2010 3:27 pm - Voted 10/10

A beautiful album!

Love the pictures!

Arthur Digbee

Arthur Digbee - Mar 10, 2010 7:52 am - Hasn't voted

Re: A beautiful album!

Thanks!

I was in Big Bend on business (really) and didn't expect to be as impressed by the place as I was. I need to go back for pleasure!

silversummit

silversummit - Mar 10, 2010 6:31 pm - Voted 10/10

Lucky you!

To have visited such a beautiful place and get great pictures! Another reason to finally get to Texas (one of the last 3 states I haven't visited!).

Arthur Digbee

Arthur Digbee - Mar 10, 2010 8:28 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Lucky you!

You're ahead of me, I still need to hit OK, SC, and ME-NH-VT. Race?

silversummit

silversummit - Mar 10, 2010 11:17 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Lucky you!

Well, I need OK, TX and maybe OR! I have to go back and check to see if I can actually count Oregon since my 2005 rafting trip had us stopping several times the 2nd last day along the Snake River. My faulty memory .......ugh!

Sounds like you need to plan a trip to New England in the fall!

Arthur Digbee

Arthur Digbee - Mar 16, 2010 7:13 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Lucky you!

I may be within 100 miles of OK next week. So, do I drive out of my way to pick up a state??

silversummit

silversummit - Mar 17, 2010 1:41 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Lucky you!

Well, if it was me, I wouldn't hesitate!

Take pics!

Viewing: 1-7 of 7


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.