Getting There1. From Las Vegas drive South on I-15.
2. Take exit 34 onto 215 East toward McCarran Airport.
3. Drive 5.7 Miles to the Eastern Ave. Exit (Exit 5)
4. Take Eastern Ave. South for approximately 3.0 miles
5. Merge left onto Anthem Pkwy for 2.4 miles
6. Take a left onto Atchley Dr.
7. Drive for 0.4 miles Atchley Dr. and then turn left onto
Shadow Canyon Dr.
8. Drive for 0.6 miles on Shadow Canyon Dr. Just past the 2200 Block
you will pass Lewiston Pl. on your left then after the 1st house you
will see a small parking area for about 6 vehicles. This is where
WPT 1 35°56'42.7"N, 115°4'53.3"W
WPT 2 35°56'25.4"N, 115°4'42.6"W
WPT 3 35°56'22.0"N, 115°4'39.6"W
WPT 4 35°56'19.0"N, 115°4'31.8"W
WPT 5 35°55'51.6"N, 115°2'38.6"W
WPT 1 Park
WPT 2 Turn Right up the road - 0.39 miles, 3,040 feet
WPT 3 Trail - (short dirt trail before more cement) - 0.51 miles, 3,090 feet
WPT 4 Shovel, start of main Trail - 0.67 miles, 3,090 feet
WPT 5 Summit, 3.00 miles, 5,092 feet
Route DescriptionFrom the Parking area start Hiking South along the pavement. (Elevation 2982 feet). Hike for about 0.39 miles and you will see a little road to your right off of the one you are walking on. Turn right up this road and follow it around to the short dirt trail that starts. Then after the dirt ends back up on the cement again, turn left and go down a short distance until you see the shovel marking WPT 4, the start of the main trail up the NW ridge to the summit.
From the shovel it is a nice maintained class 2 trail all the way to the summit. It gets steep towards the end. In the spring there is a variety of vegetaion. Towards the end it gets steep.
The route covers 3 miles and about 2100 feet of elevation gain.
To return retrace your steps.
Additions and Corrections[ Post an Addition or Correction ]