Bocchetta dei Fondi

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 45.72490°N / 11.13260°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach and Rating the Tour (by hiking standards)

Bocchetta dei Fondi
Tiziana - Bocchetta dei Fondi

Approach

The trailhead starts on Campogrosso (see the main page).

Rating the Tour

0. General: 1456 m to 2259 m, exposition NE and SE, marked path. A few steel ropes to overcome some rocks.
1. Effort: 850 m, 3 h.
2. Power: 2 - easy.
3. Psyche: 2 - easy.
4. Orientation: 2 - easy.

Route Description

From Passo Campogrosso the marked path goes over meadows and through woods towards the SW. It ascends the slopes of the side ridge, rising above Passo Campogrosso, until it reaches the NE slopes of the main chain. Then it crosses these slopes almost horizontally. Just before ascending to a small notch in a side ridge you reach the crossroads where the easier route ascends up towards the left on Bocchetta dei Fondi. So here you deter left. In continuation, the path goes up in many turns, keeping on the right slopes of the broad ravine. On the left side there are usually snows and soft screes, very appropriate for a fast descent. Just before reaching the main ridge, the marked path crosses the ravine (eventual snow), winds up over a short rocky part and finally exits on Bocchetta dei Fondi.

From the notch you continue westwards. A good path goes by narrow ledges below the main crest (a few steel ropes), then crosses the summit of Cima Mosca and reaches the notch, where Colori couloir exits the north face. From here (Bocchetta Mosca) towards the main summit you follow an easy path (the right one) to the saddle left below the summit cone and towards the right to top (45 more minutes).


Show a bigger map

Essential Gear

Good shoes, poles.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.