Boogaloo

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 33.83830°N / 117.171°W
Additional Information Route Type: Sport Climbing
Additional Information Difficulty: Mellow
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.7 (YDS)
Additional Information Number of Pitches: 1
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

See the "Big Rock" file for directions on getting here. From the main road hike (we typically take long boards because it's an awesome hill and you can almost cruze all the way to the rock) to the base. The start is just to the left of the picnic tables and two routes left of the Trough.


Route Description

The start of Boogaloo can be done in a few different ways. The first bolt is located just above a very noticable hole in the rock. If you start directly below the bolt, this is about a 5.8 start. If you follow the obvious "hill" in the rock that starts to the right and goes at an angle to the left to the first bolt, this is a 5.6 start.

Most of the route is 5.6 slab climbing, however a fun lead. It's four bolts to the chains. There is not really bad runout, the bolts are evenly spaced.
Jeff after leading Boogaloo

Essential Gear

- ALWAYS HAVE 6 quick draws when going to big rock.
- 60 meter rope
- a few slings
- sticky shoes
- ice chest of beverages

Becareful climbing in the summer: A) it gets real hot. B) at night it cools down and rattlesnakes come out all over!

HAPPY CLIMBING! See ya out there
tied off




Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.