Viewing: 1-9 of 9
peterbud

peterbud - Jul 17, 2009 3:13 am - Voted 10/10

Bear attack

Father and son were attacked in their tent in the Padina area. Both survived with minor and medium wounds. At the same time a sheperd was also attacked. Such attacks are not rare, which underlines the need to take the warnings and the bear rules seriously in Bucegi.

andreeacorodeanu

andreeacorodeanu - Aug 14, 2009 5:32 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Bear attack

Yes you are right this attacks occure very often but in most of the cases people are guilty cause they feed them and leave garbage all around. Bears are still wild animals and people should respect their habitat.

peterbud

peterbud - Aug 16, 2009 3:02 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Bear attack

Absolutely agreed - people are responsible, the warning is only to underline the importance of precaution, whose lack often leads to these unfortunate attacks.

yatsek

yatsek - Nov 30, 2009 7:28 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Bear attack

Check out the following link to find out how to behave if you meet a bear.

Corax

Corax - Feb 14, 2011 1:04 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Bear attack/excellent page

Excellent page!
Lots of useful info and great photos.
In that video with the bear: did the guy throw a snowball at the bear or was it just the fact that he got too close that triggered the attack?
I would like to see what happened after he stopped filming and ran :)

andreeacorodeanu

andreeacorodeanu - Feb 15, 2011 2:22 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Bear attack/excellent page

Thanks a lot Janne!!!!!!

LOL! Are many stupid people here that want to picture the bears from very close and worse they feed them. Not just once people were killed cause they closed too much, even foreigners, lol they dont want to understand that are not puppies. Cause of them now we pay, cause the bears from this mountain arent afraid of humans anymore and they come very close even in the house backyards from the towns. You can meet with them on the trails and even on the hard routes. Many time ago I wasnt afraid to go alone in Bucegi and climb, now Im afraid even with many people around me lol. From some time it is a bit better (I find out that some of bears was taken in other mountains) but still are many and dangerous.

PeteThompson

PeteThompson - Jul 3, 2010 5:32 am - Voted 10/10

Excellent page

Great pictures

andreeacorodeanu

andreeacorodeanu - Jul 3, 2010 12:21 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Excellent page

Thanks a lot Pete! Well Yatsek is guilty for this, he made it so nice ;)...Im still learning :).

yatsek

yatsek - Jul 3, 2010 5:48 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Excellent page

Well, I'm innocent :) I learnt most of it from Peterbud (and I didn't take any of the pix)

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Return to 'Bucegi Mountains' main page