Camp Hebron Trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 40.38820°N / 77.0047°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike (Class 2)
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From PA Route 322 get off on the exit for Route 147 to Halifax as it follows the river around the mountain. Continue to the traffic light in Halifax and turn right. Approximately 2 miles on your left you'll see a sign for Camp Hebron that will tell you to turn left. If you cross Powell's Creek than you've gone too far. Follow the road for about four miles until you reach the camp on your right. Park in the lot and follow the sign to the trailhead or ask someone at the camp.

Route Description


This route is a Class 2 hike up the north side of Peters Mountain to Table Rock. There are a few Class 2+ moves on this trail once you start ascending towards the ridgetop. This trail will take you a little longer than may be expected for a PA summit. The trail is 4.3 miles long and starts almost at valley elevation in gaining 1,000 feet to the summit of Table Rock. From Table Rock you can see south to Harrisburg and the surrounding valleys. The views alone are worth this hike and the trail is decently fun for all ages. Of course try to do this trail on a dry weather day. Have fun!

Essential Gear


Comfortable shoes, snacks/water, a trekking pole may be handy, and a camera.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.