East End A.T.

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 40.38820°N / 77.0047°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike (Class 1)
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Follow the directions in getting to route 22/322 west. Instead of the Clarks Ferry Approach, get off onto route 225 which is the first Halifax exit when you are heading north along the river from I-81. This road goes over the mountain and once on top gives places to park for A.T. access.

Route Description


This route is just a different approach to head south on the A.T. from route 225. You'll be at the top of the mountain and have a nice ridgewalk to Clarks Ferry of about 7 miles. The views are just as nice as the other approach and this provides you with a little bit longer of a hike in distance, but it will take you just a little longer than the other route due to less elevation gain. Nice views of the river and the surrounding valleys all the way to Harrisburg exist on even an overcast day.

Essential Gear


Day pack and comfortable shoes.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.