city of Bitola – hut Neolica

city of Bitola – hut Neolica

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 40.94448°N / 21.24194°E
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


The route begins at the city of Bitola, which is very easily accessible through by car, bus and train. Bitola is in about 180 km from the capital of Macedonia - Skopje.

Route Description


Climbing to the mountain hut using this route is very pleasant, because the hut can be reached in 1.30 – 2 hours from the town. The villages of Lavci and Bukovo are in situated in distance of 2-3 kilometers from the town. From the village of Lavci the route goes up through the meadows and pine/beech forest from place to place. Approximately in the middle of the route the climber can rest and enjoy in the Zabov Kladenec site that offers a water spring surrounded by wonderful beech forest. Just after the site the route goes through the grassy areas having a variable mixture of grasses (the most remarkable are ferns). When this grassy area is passed, the mountain hut appears in close distance, situated between the rare trees and the view is enhanced with the Neolica summit and neighboring peaks. On the other side (to the north) the visitor can enjoy a magnificent view on the Pelagonia valley and the distant mountain peaks of the Nidze and Jakupica mountains.

Essential Gear


There are no special equipment for this route, jut regular hiking equipment.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

NeolicaRoutes