Zlokukjani –Muza peak - hut Neolica

Zlokukjani –Muza peak - hut Neolica

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 40.94448°N / 21.24194°E
Additional Information Route Type: walk-up, rock bouldering
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: medium
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


The route begins from the village of Zlokukjani that is near the city of Bitola. The village is virtually uninhabited. Also, the Zlokukjani is connected with the rest of the world only by an unpaved road.

Route Description


Route: Village of Zlokukjani – peak Muza – peak Crn Kamen – mountain Hut Neolica
This route recently is not very popular between the climbers regarding the long distance that should be passed and the big probability to mistake the direction. For that reason, it is very reasonable to climb the route together with a climber who has experienced the place before. From the village of Zlokukjani there are marks along the trail, but this mark is missing on some parts of the trail. The route is approaching the Skrkovo and Muza peaks from the eastern side. There is a very good unpaved road built during the First World War that leads to the upper parts of the Zlokukjanska river. After reaching an altitude of more than 2000 meters, there are many trails that lead on different directions. However, in order to reach the final point, the climber should generally take a northern direction. The environment is now different, after the dense beech forests there are pastures with very common blueberries and other plants. The peak of Muza will be reached in about 5-6 hours from the village of Zlokukjani. From there, the climber can follow the trail that leads to the Big Lake, but our aim is different, so the climber should follow the good marked trail that goes in the north direction to the peak of Skrkovo through the frequent granite boulders. A marvelous landscape to the neighboring peaks of Skrkovo, Golema griva, Veternica, Pelister etc is extending in all directions from the peak of Muza. After a quite walking the route reaches the peaks of Crn Kamen and Neolica. From there, the visitor goes down to the mountain hut of Neolica.

Essential Gear


No special equipment is needed for this route, but a special attention should be paid on the bad weather conditions, especially on possible rain or show falls that will make to climbing tricky. Additionaly, it will be very difficult to pass the granite rocks on several sites in the range.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

NeolicaRoutes