Cosmology Crag, 5.5-5.12a

Cosmology Crag, 5.5-5.12a

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 51.09630°N / 115.3164°W
Seasons Season: Summer
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

Cosmology Crag, right, is about seven walls back on the left. It is kind of a three summit feature. The right half of the wall contains the longer routes. There is a corner that runs from bottom to top that is a significant feature on the right side.

Route Description

Routes listed from left to right as you face the right half of the wall.

History of Time- 5.10c
Dr Gage’s Meat Injection- 5-10.b
Timescape- 5.9
Milk Run- 5.5 (but why?)
Cosmic String- 5.8- Just below that long corner that runs to the top, start off left. Three bolts to the corner and then fall into it. Follow it for 2 more bolts to the first station. Bring the 2nd up. Then 5 bolts to the top. That is 32 meters to the ground, so you can return down the corner or there is a station on Milk Run you could use for a double rappel as well.
Prime Cut- 5.10d
Outer Limits- 5.12a
Dead Heat- 5.10b
Gaia- 5.9- My favorite so far on Cosmology Crag. Second to last bolted route on the wall to the far right. Nine bolts to the station, 27 meter rappel to the ground.
Entropy- 5.10a

Essential Gear

At least one 60 Meter Rope, Helmet, Climbing Shoes, Some Gear (mostly bolted sport routes though), The Local Guide Book (Sport Climbs in the Canadian Rockies) and these Topo Maps.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Cougar Creek Rock ClimbsMountains & Rocks