Crasta da la Spraunza

Crasta da la Spraunza

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.39540°N / 9.90410°E
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: D inf - D (III - 45°)
Additional Information Grade: III
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Rarely climbed because it's not a famous route ...
I found it one of the most amusing routes in central alps, can be comparable with the Kuffner spur to Piz Palù, a little wilder but more relaxing ...
to be climbed !!
Piz Prievlus and Piz...
Almost 700 m of difference in elevation
Fantastic rock on the ridge.

Better starting hour 4 o'clock in july to avoid danger of ice falls while approaching the route
Time to get the starting point ~ 1,5-2 hours
Time for the ridge 4 hours
coming back to Boval requires 2-3 hours

Some sections are better made with pitches (in the higher section after the saddle)

Approach

Starting point is the Boval-Hütte 2495m
Situation: North Bernina near Morteratsch Glacier.
Getting There: train Morteratsch station: 2 hours on path left of Morteratsch glacier

Route Description

Photo route - Crasta da la...
2 different ways to get the ridge (best one and described is the lower)
Follow the path to the old refuge, along a small ravine till the water coming down from the Vadret Boval Dadains.

Along some stone and ice slopes to get the step under the ridge.

Along a grass ledge, then stones and snow till a higher step (starting point)
the snow shoulder in the low...
Straight along the ridge (II) till the first snow shoulder.
on the ridge - 2
Along the ridge, on the southern side, (II-III) till an even section.
on the ridge - 4
Straight on till a gendarme and then get the small saddle behind it (eventual rappel)
on the ridge - 5
on the ridge - 6
From here straight along the rocky ridge (wonderful rock III ) till the last (not short) snow slope that brings directly on the summit.

Coming down is quite easy and without problems.

Essential Gear

High mountain gear

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.