Crevasse Jumping

Crevasse Jumping

Page Type Page Type: Album

Crevasse Jumping

Crevasse Jumping Album. Please attach your best (or any) crevasse jumping photos.
See it one the Map!

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Dean

Dean - Feb 25, 2006 2:05 pm - Voted 10/10

Posed pics

All of my pics of Lou Whitaker jumping that crevasse were set up by Ira Spring, who was a top notch photographer in the Pacific Northwest for many years. I asked if I could join him in his photo shoot and he agreed. A snow bridge led "down" into a crevasse and Ira assured me that it was strong enough to hold both of us as I was a little concerned to be there unbelayed. Lou jumped the crevasse for us about 5 times and each time I got a picture (three of which are posted in this album) See Ira's book "An Iceaxe, a camera, and a jar of peanut butter" on page 92 for his photo. Ira passed away a couple years ago and he was a stellar human being, a truly great guy who allowed me to participate in a memorable event.

Sajama

Sajama - Mar 6, 2006 9:08 am - Voted 10/10

Exciting

What exciting page!

Romuald Kosina

Romuald Kosina - Mar 13, 2006 5:32 pm - Voted 10/10

Any contact...

An contact with crevasse is blood accelerating!!!

Viewing: 1-3 of 3


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.