Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 38.99144°N / 104.92218°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Jun 2, 2008
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Summer

A steep jaunt from the AFA.

From Arnold Hall visitor parking lot:

7.25 miles, 2,650' gain. Tagged all 3 HPs - North BM/Eagle Peak, BM9400, and UN 9385 (formerly ranked previous to BM verification). From the summit of Eagle Peak, I headed SW on a faint trail which lead to a road, over and then scrambled up to the summit of UN 9400, wandered around and found the BM, which I didn't know it was there. After backsighting UN 9385, I found the UN9400 to be significantly higher (minimum 15'). The BM isn't actually at the very HP, but it is within feet (per handleveling). After this, I took the easy saddle down and over to 9385. From 9385, 9400 is well above sightlines. Cool view of Eagle Peak from there, too. So, back to the thrice-shared saddle, and back down to the TH.

Directions:

From the parking lot, head west and pick up the cindered path with handrail as it goes down, crosses a seasonal creek, take a right, follow the path west until it merges with a road, head west again following the road - it curves south and there is a sign at the "TH". This trail is a bit unpleasant - lots of loose decomposed granite, no switchbacks, and STEEP, but it goes directly to a nice aspen meadow, then fairly steeply uphill to the summit of Eagle Peak.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
cftbq

cftbq - Jun 5, 2008 1:24 pm - Hasn't voted

Nice, but...

...didn't you take any pictures???

Jeremy Hakes

Jeremy Hakes - Jun 5, 2008 4:14 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice, but...

Oh, yeah. :) I've added them to the page for UN 9400. I will probably attach them to this page, too. Did you check out that page yet?

Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.