Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Aug 15, 2008
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Summer

Add Heading Here

There is a yearly Geocaching Event at Potter's Pond. I was looking at the maps, and this event is held nearly smack dab in the middle of three highpoints. (East Mountain, Monument Peak, and South Tent Mountain)

I had already driven up to Monument, and I jumped at the chance to get two more highpoints under my belt.

The route we took to get to the trailhead is going through Fairview headed up the canyon to Miller Flat road. Travel past Miller Flat Reservoir and go to the Horse Canyon Trailhead.(N39 29.302 W111 14.448) This road off of highway 31 is in good condition and can be reached by passenger car.

The trail is fairly well definded, exept at the top. They must not believe in switchbacks in this county, because the trail is mostly straight up.

The trail is 3 1/4 miles to the top, with an elevation gain of 1971'. We were up and down in three hours.

Here are some pics...

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

East Mountain (UT)Trip Reports