East Ridge

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 38.53330°N / 35.46670°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike-Basic Snow
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk Up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


East ridge is one of the east face routes. Like all of eastern Erciyes routes best logistics points is hotels area and best camping place is Cobanini. Either take a lift or walk up Cobainini takes maximum 2,5 hours.

Route Description


The route is very clear. It starts from the east side of the mountain and follows the whole ridge.

Camel Hump Rock is the only barrier on the route. You can pass it from south or north side. But if you prefer to climb some rock, passing over is the shortest way. It is max III UIAA with a space on the right side. Rock is loose but the route is clear. Stay on the right side of the Camel Hump.

From Cobanini camp to the top it takes around 6 hours depending on your speed.

Essential Gear


If your season is not summer, carrying an axe,crampons and a helmet suggested.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

ErciyesRoutes