Emler & Yedi Goller

Emler & Yedi Goller

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 37.48000°N / 35.09000°E
Additional Information Elevation: 12214 ft / 3723 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Mount Emler (also called Embler or Engin Tepe in some maps) is the most often climbed summit in the range of Ala Daglar, which also includes Demirkazik, its highest point. Ala Daglar mountains belong to the Taurus range, which extend through whole Turkey.

Hiking to Mount Emler also allows to reach the seven lakes on the Yedi G�ller plateau, on the eastern side of the mountain. These lakes, standing below Direktas north face, are known for their wonderful colors, right in the middle of the desertic high plateau of yedi g�ller. Plenty of trekkers, traveling with an agency, are guaranteed in summer time, when the grass area close to the lake is full of tents.


Ala Daglar is made of rocky peaks, often more than 3500 meters high and covered with snow from november to june. In fact this becomes a highly popular ski hiking destination, especially for european mountaineers looking for solitude.


Getting There

The best start point is the village of Demirkazik or Cukurbag (1500 m.), which both offer a great viewpoint on the huge rocky barreer of the Ala Daglar mountains. These villages can be reached by car from Nigde (1 hour) or Kayseri (2 hours).

Several canyons go up to the high plateau of Ala Daglar and allow to overcome the rocky barreer. The trail use 2 of these canyons and reach the high plateau of Yedi G�ller at 3500 m..


When To Climb

This ascent is possible throughout the whole year, by skis during winter and early spring. Remember that the area is very windy and can get incredibly cold on the exposed ridges.

The best period might extend from march to april for skiing, from june to august for hiking. In other periods, too cold or too much snow to trek, not enough too ski.


External Links

  • Aladaglar Tours
    This is an agency organising camping tours in the Aladaglar Region and on other mountains of Turkey.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
turan

turan - Dec 1, 2005 8:42 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

www.demavendtravel.com

hgrapid

hgrapid - Jul 12, 2009 12:44 pm - Hasn't voted

Coordinates

Mount Emler is WAY north of these coordinates. By nearly 25 miles!

Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.