Narpuz Vadisi

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 37.48000°N / 35.09000°E
Additional Information Route Type: hike and snow climb
Additional Information Time Required: One to two days
Additional Information Difficulty: walk-up with very steep passages below the 3500 m. pass
Sign the Climber's Log

Links



Approach


From Sokulupinar reach the base of the canyon (Narpuz Vadisi) to the west.

Route Description


Follow the trail and go up the canyon Narpuz Vadisi up to 2800 m. From this point don't go straight ahead, but take right up to a 270° cirque at around 3000 m. Aim the right pass (the only one which seems reachable from this point) and go up to it through neves and a steep bottleneck at around 3200 m.. The difficulty of this passage might depend on the depth of snow.

From the pass at 3500m go down to the south and the Ala Dagri high plateau at 3300 m., take right up to Celikbuyran pass and then Emler.

Essential Gear


The final slope, between 3000 m. and 3500 m on north, must be snowy during whole year (there were still some big neves in mid-july 2004, after a rather dry winter). The steep part of the final slope thus needs the use of crampons and an ice axe if the snow is hard ; in all cases a rope is recommanded.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.