From Furkotska Valley (normal route)

From Furkotska Valley (normal route)

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 49.16289°N / 20.03211°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike + Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: UIAA 0+
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


The classic Velke Solisko summit route starts its run in Furkotska Valley at the southern shore of Vysne Wahlenbergovo Pleso lake(2157) ,about 2 1/2 h by red and yellow marked routes from Strbske Pleso town .

It is the shortest and easiest Velke Solisko summit route though it is worth to remember that in Tatra National it is "officialy"forbidden to hike besides marked tourist routes ...

Route Description


From the SE shore of Vysne Wahlenbergovo Pleso(2157) lake we start to hike up east towards wide and full of great rocks couloir expanding left from the western rib of Velke Solisko's main summit .
Climbing the couloir till we get to its fork where we climb higher its left or right branch reaching a narrow saddle in the summit ridge .
On the pass we turn south onto rocks of exposed wall (the most demanding section of the route) climbing it carefully to reach the summit of Velke Solisko in just a few minutes .

1 h from the lake .

Essential Gear


In summer : mountain tourist equipment ,good hiking boots and waterproofs ... unsensitivness for exposition

In winter when there is no avalanche danger : ice-axe and crampons and the rest of climbing equipment, necessary to conquer exposed wall under the summit .

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.