From Kahar

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 36.10870°N / 51.04167°E
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering
Additional Information Difficulty: Hike
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Important Note:

As mentioned in the main page, Naz can be directly climbed from Kalvan Village via the southern ridgeline of Peak 4050 m. The route described here starts at the summit of Kahar the Great Peak. Click here to see the route for Kahar the Great.
Peak 4050Peak 4050 from near Kalvan


Getting There

See "Getting There" on the main page.

Route Description

One way distance from the summit of Kahar the Great to Naz is 5 Km.

Difficult SpotDifficult Spot
Difficult SpotDifficult Spot

From the summit of Kahar the Great (4015 m), head west and descend the ridgetop to a 3730 m saddle with Kahar the Small Peak (3916 m). You can either climb to the top of Kahar the Small Peak or bypass it by traversing its southern slopes. Make sure you bypass Kahar the Small on the south side. On our return trip, we tried to traverse it on its north side but ran into steep snowy areas that sat between cliffs (see pictures).

After Kahar the Small, you will reach a 3790 m saddle between Peak 4050 m and Kahar the Small. Follow the ridgetop SE/S and then south to the summit of Peak 4050 m and then turn west going down a little and up again to reach Naz.
Summits4050 & Naz

Essential Gear

In summer, only camping equipment and good hiking boots.





Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.