From Zadnja Trenta valley

From Zadnja Trenta valley

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.41600°N / 13.68300°E
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble and hiking
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


The starting point is secondary valley of Trenta called Zadnja Trenta. You drive by Koca pri Izviru Soce (Hut by the spring of Soca) where you can sleep and take a look on surce of the beautiful Soca. You drive from hute a few kilomters on macadam road to the parking place on altitude 962 metres.



Route Description


From the parking place you follow the marked route for the hut Zavetisce pod Spicko. You turn to the right in steep forest slopes and in some turnings in forest you come soon on the meadow Planina trenta on the altitude around 1300m.

After you go by the meadow you come on the crossing where you can turn to the left and go to the Zavetisce pod Spicko by this possibility or you choose the right possibility and then on the next crossing you turn to the left. On this crossing comes from the right the marked route from Vrsic pass.

Our path continues straight and leaves the forest, entering large slopes bellow Jalovec and Veliki Ozebnik. From the left comes the first possibility. Refuge is visible from distance, just bellow the needle called Spicek. Path ascends steeply in many sharp bends, firstly through dwarf pine after that over bare rock land with some grass.

Zavetisce pod Spicko refuge (2064m) stands on open slopes high above Trenta valley, just bellow Spicek needle (2192m). It has 30 beds and its open from end of June till the end of September. Winter room has 4 beds. View from the refuge is beautiful, behind the Trenta valley are Prisojnik, Razor, Triglav and many more peaks.

For information how to climb on Jalovec from the hut read here.

Essential Gear


Good hiking shoes.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

JalovecRoutes