Gabardito-Normal

Gabardito-Normal

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.79870°N / 0.6716°W
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: Class 3
Additional Information Difficulty: F (Fácil, Easy)
Additional Information Grade: I
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

See the main page for approach to Gabardito.

Route Description

Trailhead: Refugio Gabardito (1250m)
Slope: 1200m
Time: 3h 45min to summit (total 6h)

Behind the mountain hut of Gabardito start the route in a path in the trees, it's a quiet place with good views of the ravine Boca del Infierno in west side and ravine of Agüerri under our feets in left side. This route is a GR-11 initially and go to refuge of Lizara across col of Foraton (alternative to climb Bisaurin) but it's not our route. We leave the GR-11 some meters before the crossing of the river in the place called Salto de la Vieja (1420m). We go in the ravine near of the river to the area of Plan de Dios te Salve (1585m). In this place we turn to NE to reach the exit of ravine in Puerto de Taxeras (1900m). This is probably one of the best natural places of the valley under the impressive west face of Bisaurin with the little waterfall of the river, the grassy green, the flowers...but we must to leave this place to west side to reach the evident col between Punta Agüerri (2449m, left) and Costatiza ( 2322m, right). In the col of Costatiza (2210m) we turn to SW to get the great ramp to reach the upper ridge. After the ramp the terrain is exposed and vertical and we need the use of the hands (grade I or I+) in some places to finally find the access to the last rocks of the summit (mailbox and plaque) in an spectacullar place (2449m).

The summit

Some images of this special place

Essential Gear

Good boots for the rocks.
In winter crampons, ice-axe and even rope in the last meters.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

AgüerriRoutes