Selva de Oza

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.79870°N / 0.6716°W
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: F (Fácil, Easy)
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: Class 3
Additional Information Grade: I
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

The trailhead and the first part of the route are the same of normal route of Castillo de Acher from the parking of Selva de Oza.

Route Description

Trailhead: parking selva de Oza (1130m)
Slope: 1320m
Time: 4h 30 min to summit.
Note: this is a longest itinerary not normal, but the route is precious in the ravine between castillo de Acher, Agüerri-Costatiza, the range of Secús and the north face of Bisaurin.

Read the first part of the route from the normal route of castillo de Acher to reach the mountain hut of Acher.
In this point we leave the route of Castillo de Acher in left side (ramps) and we follow right to the east to reach the Puerto de Acher (2052m). We turn to SE under the Peña Marcantón and peak Anatera Alta (in left side) and near of Achar de los Hombres (2157), the col between Anatera and the north face of Secús (2341m), we turn directly to south to the evident col between Secús (left) and Costatiza (2322m, right) in the called Col of Taxeras. We've entry in the range of Secús and the itinerary of normal route from Gabardito with the climb of Col of Costatiza in right side (west) and the last ramp and ridge.


Essential Gear

Nothing in summer
In winter or early in the season crampons and ice-axe (access to Achar de los Hombres and col Taxeras is north face and the snow is very hard)


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

AgüerriRoutes