Grey Goose

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 51.12206°N / 115.11887°W
Additional Information Route Type: Rock
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: 5.8
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Start from main parking lot trail up towards west end. Paths are well maintained and obvious.

Route Description


7 pitches

P1) 5.0 ~30m up a rough slabby section following the open book.
P2) 5.6 ~25m Up some balancy face climbing with a few friction moves, fixed pin station.
P3) 5.6 ~30m More of the same with increased stemming toward king's chimney. fixed pins station.
P4) 5.5 ~25m Up wide easy chimney, could be one or two number grades more if wet. Pins and bolts station.
P5) 5.7 ~50M Wind your way up to small ledge that traverses over to barbeque ledge.
P6) 5.4 ~20m Traverse left over fixed pins to the bottom of the barbeque ledge.
P7) 5.8 ~40m Up and behind bulge on the right going towards chimney about 20m up. Rope drag and communication difficult. Approach narrow chimney from slab . Remove pack or other hanging gear before going up chimney past two large chocked blocks (crux) and top out on ridge.

Essential Gear


A set of nuts, 8-12 runners and camalots from #.5 to #3. 60 m rope.

Cowbells and larger cams will be useful if brought.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

YamnuskaRoutes