High Rise

High Rise

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 24.07468°N / 56.04607°E
Additional Information Route Type: Sport Climbing
Seasons Season: Spring, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.9 (YDS)
Additional Information Number of Pitches: 3
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

High Rise is a fun 45 meter route that can be climbed in 3 pitches.

Getting There

High Rise is located in the area know as "Swiss Cheese and Upper Central Wall". This area is left of the center of the Wonderwall crag directly above the furthest sand dune on the left. To get there hike over or around the sand dune and scramble up to the foot of "Swiss Cheese".

Route Description

Climb 15m straight up to a small cave. There is a nice set of double chain anchors at the back of the cave. This cave can easily fit two people and is a good place to belay form. This is the first pitch. You may elect to go on to the top of the second pitch (30m total), which also has a nice place to belay form. The top of the second pitch also has a double chain anchor. The second bolt on the third pitch is a bit run out and you my like to protect somewhere in between. Starting the third pitch move right after first bolt and you'll find a good place to place some pro (I used a sling, girth hitched). The remainder of the route is more of the same. At the top of this route (not the wall) there is a nice seated belay with some bolts to attach to. Once done you'll find there is a very nice walk-off route to the left. You can not see this walk-off route from the ground as it is a shallow ledge inset in the rock. It descends easily for about 100 meters, this is also the way to access the two routes on the "Upper Central Wall".

Essential Gear

8-10 Quickdraws & some runners.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.