Hillman Peak, Crater Lake National Park

Hillman Peak, Crater Lake National Park

Page Type Page Type: Album

Add Heading here

I was finally able to make a small dream of mine come true, climbing the highpoint of the Crater Lake Caldera, Hillman Peak. As a child I was able to visit the park twice and fell deeply in love with the region. On my third trip to Oregon this year I was able to get away from family and go to Crater Lake. Hillman Peak is the second highest point in the park, the highest being Mount Scott. Hillman has a prominence value of P1439. The summit of Hillman rises two thousand feet from surface of the lake in a short half mile. It was truelly one of my favorite experiences in my life to stand on the highest point of this insane caldera.
Straight down to the lake!


External Links



Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Janell

Janell - Nov 23, 2007 9:32 pm - Hasn't voted

Nice pics!!

So freakin beautiful there! I like your straight down shot!

lcarreau

lcarreau - Apr 11, 2008 2:15 pm - Voted 10/10

This is great ...

I love Crater Lake as much as I love the desert!
You really took some amazing pics when you were there!
Best wishes TO you and your family. Please keep em comin'! -LARRY

theronmoon

theronmoon - Apr 11, 2008 5:05 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: This is great ...

Thanks for the kind words. I must say though that Crater Lake makes taking pictures pretty easy. But it is a unique perspective from the summit of Hillman. Already looking forward to someday going back.

J.J.

J.J. - Jan 13, 2010 8:13 pm - Voted 10/10

Well,

My wife and i went up Mt. Scott this summer and, after seeing your photos here we will be doing Hillman next summer!!

Cheers!

theronmoon

theronmoon - Jan 17, 2010 7:40 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Well,

You won't regret it! Crater Lake is a special place. Dreamland.

Next time I go I want to do Scott. Cheers to you.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.