Hoellentalangerhuette

Hoellentalangerhuette

Page Type Page Type: Hut/Campground
Additional Information County: Wetteretin-Range
Seasons Season: Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 4551 ft / 1387 m

Hoellentalangerhuette

Hoellentalanger hut is a...Hoellentalangerhuette
HoellentalHoellentalangerhuette in the Hoellental
HollentalMystic Hoellental (valley of hell)
Hoellental 10/2006At Hoellentalangerhuette looking towards Zugspitze
Hoellental CanyonHoellentalklamm

Hoellentalangerhuette is located in Bavaria, Germany. It is one of the huts in the Wetterstein-Range, the mountains near Garmisch-Partenkirchen the town of the Olympic Games in 1936. The highest mountain of this range is Zugspitze 2.963m, also the highest summit of Germany. The Wetterstein-Range has to big valleys, Hoellental and Reintal. Through each of these valleys runs a route to Zugspitze. In each of these valleys is a hut to make a stopover during the ascent to Zugspitze. Hoellentalangerhuette is located in the Hoellental at a height of 1.387m and after 1/3 of the ascent from Hammersbach (750m) to the top. You can do this Hoellental ascent on one day (2200m elevation gain / 7-9 hours) or stay over night at Hoellentalangerhuette in the season from mid May to October.



Getting there:
  • Hammersbach is located near Grainau and Garmisch-Partenkirchen. You reach Garmisch-Partenkirchen from Munich on highway A95 within one hour. From Garmisch-Partenkirchen you drive towards "Fernpass" on B23. After Garmisch-Partenkirchen you reach the village Schmoelz short before Grainau. Follow the signs towards Hammerbach. In Hammerbach is a very big parking area on the right side (costs!). If you want to drive from Innsbruck (Tyrol / Austria) to Hammerbach, you reach it via B177 to Seefeld and B2 to Mittenwald and finally towards Garmisch-Partenkirchen and on B23 to Hammersbach.



Access to the hut:
  • There are two different routes to Hoellentalangerhuette. The one which leads through the Hoellentalklamm, the canyon at the beginning of the Hoellental and the route above the canyon. Both tracks are well signed and reveal less problems of orientation. Both routes start in Hammerbach at the entry (big sign) of the Hoellentalklamm. You can also choose the upper track, so you have to take the route which leads into the forest on the right side (notice the signs!). You reach Hoellentalangerhuette in ~2,5 hours. It´s a 500m elevation gain. If you choose the upper track you have to cross the canyon high on a bridge, where you can see the wild Hammersbach (river). The track through the Hoellentalklamm is closed out of season.

  • It´s also popular to reach Hoellentalangerhuette via Alpspitze. You ascent via cable-car to Osterfelderkopf and traverse the Alpspitze towards Grießkarscharte and descend via Matheisenkar to Hoellentalangerhuette. In this case you can combine two high summits of the Wetterstein-Range, Zugspitze and Alpspitze.



Informations about the hut:
  • Height: 1.387m

  • Phone: 0049 / 8821 - 8811

  • Fax: same as phone

  • Renter: Richard Prommer - Zugspitzstr. 3 - 82490 Farchant

  • Adress: Postfach 1650 - 82456 Garmisch-Partenkirchen

  • Beds: 88

  • Winter-room: No winter-room!

  • Prices (Members): 10,00 Euro / 5,00 Euro (adult/youth)

  • Prices (Non-Members): 20,00 Euro / 10,00 Euro (adult/youth)

  • Hut opened: Mid May to October

  • Internet: www.hoellentalangerhuette.de


Trips around Hoellentalangerhuette:


Transit to other huts:
  • Muenchnerhaus on top of Zugspitze (normal Hoellental-ascent 5-7 hours).

  • Kreuzeckhaus via Grieskarscharte and Stuibensee (6 hours).

  • Kreuzeckhaus via Knappenhäuser and Hupfleitenjoch (3 hours).


Maps and books:
  • Kompass WK 07 Werdenfelser Land mit Zugspitze - 1:35.000 - ISBN: 3-85491-718-X

  • Kompass WK 5 Wettersteingebirge-Zugspitzgebiet - 1:50.000 - ISBN: 3-85491-007-X

  • Kompass WK 25 Zugspitze - Mieminger Kette - 1:50.000 - ISBN: 3-85491-026-6


Links to related submissions:







Hoellentalangerhuette
(c) www.alpenverein-muenchen-oberland.de






Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

WettersteingebirgeHuts & Campgrounds
 
ZugspitzeHuts & Campgrounds
 
HoellentalHuts & Campgrounds
 
Höllental CanyonHuts & Campgrounds