Horton Peak Comments

DeanUntitled Comment

Sean, as always you are puting up quality stuff. Thanks to you, Idaho is getting some nice mountains put up here at SP. Good work.
Posted Jun 6, 2005 1:11 pm

EastKingUntitled Comment

EastKing

Keep the Idaho pages coming!!! Nice page.
Posted Jun 6, 2005 1:52 pm

SaintgrizzlyUntitled Comment

Saintgrizzly

Very funny, Sean, but are you certain the Salmon River isn't damned? Or at least cursed or cussed at a little? Probably you mean it's the longest damned undammed river around. I hope they never dam it, gosh-durn it all anyway.
Posted Jun 6, 2005 5:41 pm

IdahoKidUntitled Comment

IdahoKid

My mistake, it is the longest undamned river in the lower that flows within one state. But it certainly is not curved or interacts with any man made diversion along its path. here is some good info on it. thanks for the vote!

Sean
Posted Jun 6, 2005 7:03 pm

SaintgrizzlyUntitled Comment

Saintgrizzly

I was (in jest) giving you a hard time Sean, on your choice of the word "undamned," as opposed to the completely different "undammed." The one has to do with hell and damnation; the other with blocking the flow of a stream or river. I'm not sure which is worse.
Posted Jun 6, 2005 8:59 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Good work once again Sean.
Posted Jun 7, 2005 11:48 am

SawtoothSeanUntitled Comment

SawtoothSean

Great page on this mountain- one of the most accessible peaks around. Thanks!
Posted Jan 13, 2006 9:17 pm

IdahoKidUntitled Comment

IdahoKid

Thanks Sean...I've noticed you trail run a lot of the peaks you climb...so far this is the only one I could see that being a feasible possibility :-)
Posted Jan 14, 2006 9:27 am

SawtoothSeanUntitled Comment

SawtoothSean

Horton's trail is a good, short steep one.

"Mountain running" is something that developed after many years of trail running for me- I live on the side of a mountain , so when I run it's always 1000-2000 ft elevation gain minimum. A lot of times I'm going very slow, but it's still running. Then when I have to stop running to hike , because it's so vertical, the hiking actually feels like a relief! It's also allowed me to do 2-3 days climbs and hikes in 1 day (or 2-5 peaks in a day in some cases)
Posted Jan 14, 2006 4:16 pm