Viewing: 1-8 of 8
lcarreau

lcarreau - May 29, 2008 11:33 pm - Voted 10/10

Just curious ...

When you left your wife at the TH with her iPod, was she 'rocking'
with the tunes of CCR and the Eagles??

Nice page, Dean! Larry

Dean

Dean - May 30, 2008 6:06 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Just curious ...

I wish....she is more in tune with the Mormon Tabernacle choir. For me, nothing beats CCR or the EAgles. Yes, you can also throw in some Buddy Holly, Chuck Berry and Alabama.

imontop

imontop - May 30, 2008 3:21 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice page!

Great page as usual Dean! I've seen those peaks from the Enterprise area in the past. Sounds like it was a good adventure for the day. There's no way my wife would have stayed at the truck all by herself. Mountain lions and crazy people abound every where you know. Hats off to her for waiting you out.

Dean

Dean - May 30, 2008 6:11 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice page!

Thank you for your remarks. My wife is very willing to venture out and see these back areas although I'm sure in the back of her mind she wonders what we'd do if our truck broke down. She stays safely in or near the truck and mountain lions are not a big concern to her, her biggest concern is that what will she do if I don't show up back at the truck at a reasonable time. Those little 2 way radios work great and I check in with her about every half hour during a hike if she isn't with me on the hike but rather has elected to stay at the truck. BTW, that Enterprise area is a neat part of Utah, my first time through there.

imontop

imontop - May 31, 2008 12:35 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Nice page!

I got one for you. Coming from Cedar City towards Enterprise, take the turn off for Pinto. This is a well groomed dirt road, that meanders 20 miles or so in a southwest direction. It passes through the northern foothills of the Pine Valley Mtns. It's a very interesting area. The road comes out on the highway south of Enterprise that leads to St. George. There is actually a few houses in Pinto. Enjoy!

Dean

Dean - May 31, 2008 6:50 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice page!

I remember seeing the road to Pinto. A car carrying Memorial Day flowers for most likely a cemetary out that way turned off onto that road and that caught our attention. Pretty area.

lcarreau

lcarreau - May 30, 2008 8:08 pm - Voted 10/10

Hello, Dean !

A question and a comment. What kind of 2-way radios?
Like the Moto-rola type at WalMart? We had those one
time at Strawberry Reservoir (east of Heber City).
There were several (other) people also with 2-way radios,
and we "picked up" their signal. We told them that we
saw a bear in the vicinity of their tent. It was funny
at the time; not so funny now.

My comment is, I've always heard about that 'Enterprise
Reservoir' where folks go fishing, but until I saw your
page on Indian Peak, I didn't even know it existed. How
far is it from Mormon Mtn.? Guess I have to examine the
topo a little bit closer. Another awesome page, Dean!!!

Dean

Dean - May 30, 2008 8:15 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Hello, Dean !

Larry, they are the Motorola ones with 25 miles of range. I retired the ones we had that were good for 5 miles. I don't know how far Enterprise Res is from Mormon Peak and I never saw the reservoir. Thanks for your nice comments. You can put a 2 way on private so that you only pick up each other.

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Indian Peak(UT)' main page