Indiana: Flatland highpointing

Indiana: Flatland highpointing

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Mar 8, 2015
Seasons Season: Spring

Flatland Highpointing


Hoosier hill Summit
Hoosier hill Summit

Hoosier Hill Indiana:


The Indiana Highpoint was really easy to get to, only a few minutes off of I-70.  There are a few small turns but nothing crazy.  Here are directions to the highpoint courtesy of Summitpost.org, however I just plugged "Hoosier Hill" into the GPS on my IPhone and it brought me right there.

 Hoosier Hill is about a mile from the Ohio border. From Indianapolis, Indiana take I-70 East until you get to Richmond, Indiana. Take route 227 North up to Franklin Township. Go about 10 miles, and then take a left on Bethel Road, follow it for about a mile, and then take a right on Elliot Road, and head north for almost a mile. There is the short trail to the top that is well marked.

The highpoint is found on a small rise just off the side of a farmers field in a small wooded area.  To help you find it there is a really convenient green sign posted right at the corner of the field.
Once at the actual highpoint after a lofty summit attempt I stopped to take a few pictures and then hit the road again.  The highpoint was actually really nice considering it was such a small one.  there was a mailbox with a register (which I dutifully signed) and some cool information from highpointers on this highpoint and the highpoint club in general.  There were also a couple of picnic tables and an engraved stone marker marking the highpoint.  Pretty cool.

You can see my full trip report with Photos on my Blog here:  http://outdooroutlier.blogspot.com/2015/03/flatland-highpointing-in-indiana-and.html




Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Hoosier HillTrip Reports