Innere Schwarze Schneid

Innere Schwarze Schneid

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 46.92410°N / 10.92131°E
Activities Activities: Mountaineering
Additional Information Elevation: 11047 ft / 3367 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview & routes

Innere Schwarze Schneid is located In Ötztal Alps, in Weisskamm group, between the Otz and Pitz valleys. It’s one of the highest summits above the mountain resort – Sölden. The north-east slope of the summit is covered by Rettenbach glacier and the south-east slope by Tiefenbach Glacier. On both glaciers, is located part of Sölden ski area and cable cars. Under the summit, on the east slope is the big panorama terrace, where you can see the great views of Ötztal Alps and a lot of further summits (e.g. Zugspitze, Ortler, Dolomites). This panorama terrace is very easy to access (10 min. walk) from the mountain station of Schwarze Schneid cable car. A lot of tourists whose reach the terrace think that there is a summit, but it’s a fault. Platform is about 100 meters under the main summit.
From Schwarze Schneid Cable car, there isn’t any marked route to the summit. To reach Innere Schwarze Schneid with normal route you must go to the Tiefenbachferner cable car, which take you to Tiefenbachjoch. There’s another panoramic terrace – suspension bridge above the precipice. From the pass you must go about half an hour on the rocky path with ropes. During the summer season only one of these cable cars is open and it depends of company which is managing the ski area. All the information is available on the resort’s website.

Route to the summit and panorama terrace:
Innere Schwarze Schneid - map


Innere Schwarze Schneid

Getting There

By car:
-Take driveway Otztal on Highway A12 (Inntalautobahn) and follow the main route to the Soelden.

From Soelden take road to the Rettenbach (Rettanbachstrasse). There is a toll road open from May to October/November. Following this way you'll get the parking under the Rettenbach glacier. There is also possibility to pass that parking and go by tunnel to Tiefenbach glacier. There are many bus connections in the Otz valley, including the connection from Soelden to both glaciers.
Website with actual prices of glacier road
Innere Schwarze Schneid and Rettenbach Glacier

Maps

Alpenverein:
- 30/6 Ötztaler Alpen, Wildspitze (1:25 000)
Kompass:
- 43, Oetztaler Alpen (1:50 000)
- 043, Inneres Oetztal (1:25 000)
Mayr:
- 10, Oetztal (1:35 000)

External Links

Weather forecast for 6 days
Cable cars and resort info
Bus timetables

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

WeisskammMountains & Rocks