Islip Saddle

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 34.35100°N / 117.79°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: Moderate
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Take Angeles Crest Highway (SR2) to Islip Saddle. There is parking here. The trail begins on the south side of the highway.

Route Description


This route follows the Pacific Crest Trail for just over 5 miles. Just past the 2 mile point you will enter Little Jimmy Trail Camp, beyond which you will find Little Jimmy Spring. Continue along PCT to Windy Gap. Here the trail branches. Follow the trail east toward Mt Baden-Powell. From Windy Gap it is a 1.4 mile hike to Mt Hawkins Ridge and another branch. The PCT follows the ridge to the northeast for another 1.5 miles to the junction with the Dawson Saddle trail. Here, the trail turns back to the south and up to the summit of Throop Pk. This trail has good signage and is easy to follow when free of snow.

Essential Gear


In warmer months a good pair of hiking boot are recommended. Crampons or snow shoes are recommended for winter and early spring.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
T. White

T. White - Sep 21, 2022 4:45 pm - Hasn't voted

Vandalism

Be warned - there's been a rash of car break-ins at the Islip Saddle parking lot. Leave your doors unlocked - even items of no value are being stolen.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.