lcarreauOutstanding page ...

lcarreau

What a jewel of a basin! I'm back ...

Larry of AZ
Posted Oct 2, 2008 7:19 pm

FlatheadNativeRe: Outstanding page ...

FlatheadNative

thanks friend

It is right outside my door.
Posted Oct 2, 2008 10:39 pm

yatsekinteresting combination of Norway and the Carpathians

yatsek

this looks to me, and makes me think of "The River Runs Through It" by Redford:). For the past few years we've been having real trouble with all terrain vehicles and motorbikes in the mountains here, in Poland. From what you write I reckon it's been sorted out in the States?
Posted Oct 3, 2008 2:01 pm

FlatheadNativeRe: interesting combination of Norway and the Carpathians

FlatheadNative

thanks for the observation. As far as sorted out. No we still have people fighting about access and violating the established guidelines. That is pretty much the story here in the states. The Jewel is a rarity as it is so close to a populated area and it has benefitted from protection and respect of the area. Prior to the 1970's it was open to off road and it was really tore up. Have a great day and thanks for the comments.
Posted Oct 3, 2008 3:11 pm

yatsekRe: interesting combination of Norway and the Carpathians

yatsek

Thanks for your reply. I thought US police were more helpful than ours. Anyway, you're right - lucky you!
God bless,
yatsek
Posted Oct 3, 2008 6:37 pm

FlatheadNativeRe: interesting combination of Norway and the Carpathians

FlatheadNative

There is only so much a few law enforcement officers can do in the wilderness areas like Montana where there are literally millions and millions of acres. We have groups that represent each side and they are working together to ensure access to off road areas in appropriate ways and locations.
Posted Oct 4, 2008 12:47 am

yatsekRe: interesting combination of Norway and the Carpathians

yatsek

I hope we here can come to the same point over time. It just has to take a few years - hopefully.
Posted Oct 4, 2008 7:11 am

BlairWOW

Blair

Sorry I missed this place! Great detail on this page, awesome job.
Posted Oct 3, 2008 5:37 pm

FlatheadNativeRe: WOW

FlatheadNative

Thanks Blair. The Jewel Basin is a treasure that we are truly blessed to have in NW Montana. Perhaps you can visit it someday. As I respond to you I can see it out my window. Lucky me!
Posted Oct 3, 2008 5:58 pm

lcarreauIt's my opinion

lcarreau

that your door/window opens to the south side of Heaven.

It's my dream that I should someday visit this Heaven.
Peace, Larry!
Posted Oct 3, 2008 7:19 pm

FlatheadNativeRe: It's my opinion

FlatheadNative

I am glad my grandparents decided to settle in the Flathead Valley. They came here in 1936.
Posted Oct 3, 2008 7:32 pm

LakesideHikerGreat Job!

LakesideHiker

This one of my favorite places to visit on a short hike...and its close. Thanks for the well informed page. I have not explored during the winter, but this has challenged me to consider spend sometime this coming winter up there. Again...Thanks! Steve
Posted Oct 4, 2008 4:42 pm