Kamenistá dolina-Bystrá

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 49.19600°N / 19.84130°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

High Tatras

The route starts in Podbanske (940 m). Here you can park your car by the Hotel Permon.

Route Description

From Podbanske we take the blue marked trail up to Kamenista dolina in direction of a Pysne sedlo saddle (1792 m). The whole valley is more than 7 km long. On the Pysne saddle, there are magnificent view to the polish side of a main ridge. From this saddle we take the red sign up to Blyst (2169 m). Attention: the trail leads on polish-slovak frontier (it is forbidden to pass over to the Poland)! From there we continue to the left on the ridge (blue sign from Klin) to the top of Bystrá. From the top we can descend back the same way or through the Bystrá dolina Valley (yellow sign). All tour takes about 8-9 hours. One more attention: in the summer 2005, the forests on the foothills (Kamenistá dolina Valley and Bystrá Dolina Valley) were still damaged by the windstorm (hard passage).

Essential Gear

Nothing special

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

BystráRoutes