Viewing: 1-20 of 21 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

Bubba SuessOther pictures

Bubba Suess

You ought to attach all the images you used for this page to the gallery.
Posted Dec 1, 2010 11:34 pm

foster fanningRe: Other pictures

foster fanning

Thanks Bubba, I'll change out that one pic of the cabin I lifted from on-line. Foster
Posted Dec 1, 2010 11:52 pm

chugach mtn boyNice addition to the site

chugach mtn boy

... breaks some good new ground!

I think Bubba means "attach" the pictures as "children" to the main page. Right now they are just embedded, but not attached.
Posted Dec 2, 2010 11:53 am

foster fanningRe: Nice addition to the site

foster fanning

Thanks for the input. Does that mean I should go back and attach all photos? If so would I need to delete their embedded counter-parts? Appreciate any guidence as I'm tech-challenged on this one.
Posted Dec 2, 2010 12:18 pm

chugach mtn boyRe: Nice addition to the site

chugach mtn boy

Oh no, nothing that bad! All it amounts to is this:
1. When you're signed in and looking at your area/range page, you'll see a yellow editing bar at the top. Click "Attach/detach" on that bar.
2. On the next screen, use the pull-down to set a search for "images" (NOT "all except images"). Check the box for "My submissions only." Don't enter anything in the "For" blank. Now click "Find objects."
3. Your pictures will pop up. Check the box by each one that's related to this page. Click "attach objects" at the bottom.
Posted Dec 2, 2010 2:28 pm

foster fanningRe: Nice addition to the site

foster fanning

That helped ~ thanks. Think I have it now...
Posted Dec 2, 2010 3:20 pm

DeanCopper Butte

Just in case you haven't seen this one, this could be attached to your range page:
Copper Butte
Posted Dec 2, 2010 11:12 pm

foster fanningRe: Copper Butte

foster fanning

Hi Dean, thanks for checking out my new (and only) page. Yes, seems like it would fit. Not sure I understand how the attaching works. In this case would you do it or I?
Foster
Posted Dec 2, 2010 11:19 pm

chugach mtn boyRe: Copper Butte

chugach mtn boy

Either one of you can. Foster, if you want to do it, follow the same steps except on step 2, search "Mountains and Rocks" "For" Copper Butte, and DON'T check "My submissions only."

What this will accomplish is make cross-references between your pages that appear on the left margin (among other things).
Posted Dec 3, 2010 2:45 am

DeanRe: Copper Butte

Foster, I took the liberty of attaching Copper Butte to your page. There are three other mountains on SP that you could attach:
Wapaloosie Mtn 154199
Sherman Peak 516885
Snow Peak 516891

By using the attach/detach mechanism, attach these as a child to your range page. CMB has the info on this but let me know if
you need more help on how to do this. You have a nice page and
by adding the mountain pages that exist for this range, it'll be
even nicer.

Posted Dec 3, 2010 8:21 am

foster fanningRe: Copper Butte

foster fanning

Dean, I haven't been able to attach Wapaloosie Mtn 154199, Sherman Peak 516885, or Snow Peak 516891. When I try to do so the search engine simply doesn't find anything. Most likely pilot error on my part. Suggestions?
Posted Dec 7, 2010 8:02 pm

DeanRe: Copper Butte

Hi Foster, I've put together a step by step that should work:
1. Go to the Orange Editor Options bar near the top of the page and click on the attach/detach option.
2. When you click on that, it'll bring up another page that offers a "find objects to attach to Kettle Range"
3. Under search, leave it on "all except images" and put the number of the mountain, which for Wapaloosie Mtn would be 154199 and click on the find object button.
4. This will bring up a line for Wapaloosie Mtn. Find the attach as a child button and click the attach object button. This should put Wapaloosie on your front page on the left side.

Repeat this step for Sherman Peak and Snow Peak using the numbers as listed prior. Again, if you have a problem, let me know.
Posted Dec 13, 2010 7:35 am

ericnoelKettle Range

ericnoel

This is a good thorough page.

One thing that looked a little bit funny is that some of the peak elevations are different than those shown on the USGS quads. I'm seeing Copper Butte as 7140 and Snow Peak as 7103. Not sure what the source of the difference is?

You might also wish to mention the push to make this area a federal wilderness area. I don't have any links off the top of my head but I know that I have read some articles about conservation groups who are campaigning to make this a wilderness.
Posted Dec 6, 2010 5:13 pm

foster fanningRe: Kettle Range

foster fanning

Appreciate the comment on the KRR page. Will look onto the differing elevation notes and see if I can solve the question. Yes, there are a number of pages on the inter-net addressing the various campaigns regarding the Kettle River Range. Intent for this page is to present the Kettle River Range as it is, but not necessarily make it a platform for my politics. Thank you.
Posted Dec 7, 2010 7:59 pm

ericnoelRe: Kettle Range

ericnoel

My thought is that in an ideal world it would be nice to present the wilderness proposals as a current issue and try to be neutral about it while at the same time informing people so that they can make up their mind one way or another. But I can certainly understand the reluctance to get into the politics as once you go down that road it almost inevitably gets into haggling and outright squabbling.
Posted Dec 8, 2010 1:06 am

mrhGood Page

mrh

I like it. Thanks for the thorough effort.
Posted Dec 9, 2010 4:19 pm

foster fanningRe: Good Page

foster fanning

Thanks for the comment. The KRR page is really a work in progress. I'm collaborating with the Stonerose Interpretive Center to add a geological component to this page and the local historical society to include some historical data as well. Hope to have those components up before the years end.
Posted Dec 9, 2010 7:45 pm

Wandering Sole ImagesLooks great

Wandering Sole Images

Nice efforts on the page! A great addition to Summitpost's growing library of information :)
Posted Dec 17, 2010 2:42 am

foster fanningRe: Looks great

foster fanning

Thank you. Took a look at your profile, hadn't seen such use of videos on SP. Very nice...
Posted Dec 17, 2010 8:39 am

bigbuilderNice page, a range I hadn't heard of

Beautiful pictures here. Looks really idyllic.
Posted Jan 9, 2011 1:39 pm