Lac d'Isabe

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.91897°N / 0.50503°W
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.0 (YDS)
Additional Information Difficulty: F
Additional Information Grade: I
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Sesques

It’s probably the nicest route to Sesques but it’s not always evident.

Time to summit: 4h 45min (Total 8h)
Meters to gain: 1,700m

Getting There

See the main page.

Route Description

Lac d Isabe y Pic de la Tenèbre

From Parking de Bitet (930m) we cross the river to right following the path to left side, just walking near of the river. We cross under a tube and we reach the small dam of Bitet (press d´eau de Bitet). We turn to left taking a path turning in the forest to left side to reach a rocky area under the lake. After a ramp we reach the beautiful Lake of Isabe (Lac d´Isabe). We turn to left bordering the lake to reach the other side just under the peak Sesques. Our target is the col of right side walking a path among the stones to reach the shoulder. We climb the ridge across some easy rocky steps crossings reaching an small col and finally the summit.

For the descent you can use the route of col and Cabane de Sesques.

Essential Gear

Nothing special in summer. In Spring you can need crampons for the access to the col and the summit according with the conditions of the year.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

SesquesRoutes