Lapakiza de Linzola

Lapakiza de Linzola

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 42.91486°N / 0.77399°W
Activities Activities: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 6929 ft / 2112 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

The small area known as Hoya de la Solana is placed on the southeast limit of the Larra karst, in the spanish province of Huesca. Petrechema forms its south side, while the Mesa de los Tres Reyes and Budogia limit the north side of the zone. Lapakiza closes the Hoya de la Solana west side, separating it from the valley of Belagua. The normal route is common with those of Petrechema and Mesa de los Tres Reyes for a long way, and the grassy slopes of the eastern face make for a nice hike with wonderful views in clear days. If you want something more special, try the climb of the west ridge from the Collado de Aztaparreta.

Getting There

The classic view of NE face...Zuriza
The climb starts from the mountain hut of Linza. You will have to get there from Pamplona or Huesca, the biggest closer cities. Follow the road linking both of them (N-240) until the crossing of Venta Carrica. This is a crossing about (will check) sixty kilometers from Pamplona, where you can find a petrol station and the beginning of the road to Sigüés / Salvatierra de Esca / Roncal. Follow this road (NA-137) for thirty kilometers, until you get to Isaba. After Isaba keep going north (NA-1370) for three more kilometers and turn right on the crossing marked as (Zuriza /Ansó). This small road (NA-2000) will take you across the valley of Belabarce and to the camping area at Zuriza, under the Sierra de los Alanos. When you finish coming down from Belabarce (that will be some thirteen kilometers after Isaba), turn left for the camping area and drive around it until the end of the road. It is not in a very good state, so don't drive fast. You will see the dirt roads to Barranco de las Eras and Barranco de Gamueta to the right, but pay them no attention. Keep going on the main road until a final turn right, around a rocky hill, sets you on the small flat valley known as Plano de la Casa and the mountain hut of Linza.
Nearest railway stations: Pamplona / Huesca
Nearest airports: Pamplona / Zaragoza

Red Tape

No special requirements to be met. No need for permissions. There are no special protective measures for flora or fauna in this area (apart from those suggested by common sense and respect for nature).

Camping and Huts

Mountain hut of Linza. 1 may...
Linza Mountain Hut, right at the end of the road and placed at some 1300 meters high.
A couple of official camping sites are quite close to the trailhead in Linza. One of them placed in Zuriza, scarcely five kilometers away, and the other in the neighbouring (to the west) valley of Belagua (Camping Asolaze).

  • Asolaze Camping site
    Basic information on services and contact possibilities of the Asolaze Camping site (Isaba-Navarra).
  • Zuriza camping site
    Spanish language info on the Zuriza camping site, five kilometers south of Plano de la Casa and Linza mountain hut.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
RicardoEchanove1

RicardoEchanove1 - Sep 1, 2008 8:30 am - Voted 10/10

South America

Muy buena la página. Un comentario sin importancia: En location has puesto South America.

eza

eza - Sep 17, 2008 3:14 am - Hasn't voted

Re: South America

Gracias por el aviso, Ricardo. Ya está corregido

Rafa Bartolome

Rafa Bartolome - Jan 5, 2011 12:25 pm - Voted 10/10

corrige los links

http://www.campingasolaze.com/ http://campingzuriza.valledeanso.com/

eza

eza - Jan 6, 2011 2:20 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: corrige los links

Oído cocina, gracias Rafa

Rafa Bartolome

Rafa Bartolome - Jan 6, 2011 2:49 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: corrige los links

es que te los había copiao pa la nueva página de Sobarcal

eza

eza - Jan 7, 2011 12:19 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: corrige los links

Chachi, página nueva del Sobarcal, así podré firmar el summit log cuando lo hagamos el mes que viene

Viewing: 1-6 of 6


Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Pirineos: Belagua-HechoMountains & Rocks