Chinebral de Gamueta

Chinebral de Gamueta

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 42.88781°N / 0.7473°W
Activities Activities: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 7585 ft / 2312 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

This summit is also known as Ginebral de Gamueta, and stands close to the south face of Petrechema, on the border between the spanish valleys of Ansó and Hecho. The easier access is from the upper valley of Ansó (province of Huesca), with regular road access to the main trailhead of Linza. The area (Barrancos of Tacheras/Gamueta/Las Eras/Linza) well deserves a visit as a good number of two-thousanders stand around it and almost all of them can be climbed without any real difficulty.
When climbed in a good weather, Chinebral offers a good day out and fine views of the Pyrenees, ranging even to Midi d'Ossau and Collarada. In winter time it makes (as many of the summits around) a good starting point for climbers learning the use of ice axe and crampons.
The long ridge of Chinebral...Chinebral de Gamueta, from the northwest

Getting There

The massif of Ezkaurre from...Isaba

Road approach to the mountain hut of Linza is made from Spain, though there are some possible cross-country border crossings. You will have to get there from Pamplona or Huesca, the biggest closer cities. Follow the road linking both of them (N-240) until the crossing of Venta Carrica. This is a crossing about sixty kilometers from Pamplona, where you can find a petrol station and the beginning of the road to Sigüés / Salvatierra de Esca / Roncal. Follow this road (NA-137) for thirty kilometers, until you get to Isaba. After Isaba keep going north (NA-1370) for three more kilometers and turn right on the crossing marked as (Zuriza /Ansó).
The valley of Belabarce, on...Belabarce
This small road (NA-2000) will take you across the valley of Belabarce and to the camping area at Zuriza, under the Sierra de los Alanos. When you finish coming down from Belabarce (that will be some thirteen kilometers after Isaba), turn left for the camping area and drive around it until the end of the road. It is not in a very good state, so don't drive fast. You will see the dirt roads to Barranco de las Eras and Barranco de Gamueta to the right, but pay no attention to them. Keep going on the main road until a final turn right, around a rocky hill, sets you on the small flat valley known as Plano de la Casa and the mountain hut of Linza.
Nearest spanish railway stations: Pamplona / Huesca
Nearest spanish airports: Pamplona / Zaragoza

Red Tape

No special requirements to be met. No need for permissions. Though not far away of the french National Park of the Pyrenees, there are no special protective measures for flora or fauna in this area (apart from those suggested by common sense and respect for nature).
The normal route is not difficult when the mountain is not covered by snow, but bear in mind that its final part is a long ridge that could prove to be tricky for those not used to winter climbs, snow or ice.

Camping and Huts

The mountain hut of Linza...

Linza Mountain Hut, right at the end of the road and placed at some 1300 meters high.
A couple of official camping sites are quite close to the trailhead in Linza. One of them placed in Zuriza, scarcely five kilometers away, and the other in the neighbouring (to the west) valley of Belagua (Camping Asolaze - see links section).

External Links

  • Asolaze Camping site
    Basic information on services and contact possibilities of the Asolaze Camping site (Isaba-Navarra).
  • Zuriza camping site
    Spanish language info on the Zuriza camping site, five kilometers south of Plano de la Casa and Linza mountain hut.


Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Pirineos: Belagua-HechoMountains & Rocks